One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expanse of land near the sea.
- ‘Your sacrifices and fortitude are honored and your rewards are the gratitude of those saved at sea, a cleaner coastland, a more educated public and a safer America.’
- ‘Less than a half hour in length, the film centres on the activities of an oil company who want to buy coastland beside a major oil field find in the Atlantic.’
- ‘A walker with plenty of stamina and a fair sense of balance can make a memorable week's hike westward along the Sfakiot coastlands by way of the footpaths through these great canyons.’
- ‘And that is how a state effort to protect coastlands derailed the most environmentally progressive development California had ever seen.’
- ‘Originating in the early 1970's, these were the workhorses of BC's big wood logging operations up and down the coastland.’
- ‘For a course at the Helsinki University of Technology, we imagined a day when global warming had caused the polar ice caps to melt and the sea level to rise, submerging coastlands and whole islands.’
- ‘During most of its history Libya has been inhabited by Arab and Berber nomads, only the coastlands and oases being settled.’
- ‘The area would never become like Mexico's coastlands.’
- ‘They carry silt from the Mississippi River that replenishes the delta and keeps the coastland above the water line, creating a gradual buffer from the sea.’
- ‘In the next forty years, English and Flemish settlers poured into the rich arable coastlands of south Wales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.