One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of exploring a rocky coastline by climbing, jumping, and swimming.
- ‘In some cases the locals are even inventing new sports for themselves - coasteering, for example.’
- ‘A combination of climbing, scrambling and swimming, coasteering has proved one of the most popular activities at the centre, especially with families.’
- ‘Coasteering is about really exploring the shore up close - but it's not about taking risks.’
- ‘These include surfing, sea kayaking, adventure hikes, mountain biking, and one of the latest crazes for adrenaline junkies - coasteering - where teams climb, jump and swim together on the Atlantic coastline.’
- ‘Stay in a lovely cottage near the coast, explore the beaches, caves, rugged coastline and castles or have some real adventures quad biking, kayaking or even coasteering!’
- ‘The adrenaline might well start pumping when you find that a weekend of coasteering will cost you £184, though it does include equipment and full-board accommodation.’
- ‘Not all are extreme, although later this year nerves will be tested as several of them head for Devon to have a go at coasteering which involves jumping off high cliffs into the sea.’
Blend of coast and mountaineering.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.