One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Mutually adapted; mutually accommodating.
- ‘For example, all of the maternal genes whose sequences have coadapted to each other might be expressed and the paternal copies silenced.’
- ‘In the case of coadapted cellular machinery as diverse as the transcriptosome, this parallel evolution may involve sequences with no other obvious connection.’
- ‘Inbreeding may be beneficial if conditions favor the maintenance of locally adapted or intrinsically coadapted gene complexes.’
- ‘As such, they are commonly viewed as adaptive mechanisms that can capture and stabilize blocks of coadapted genes with strong phenotypic effect, hence allowing ecological expansion in marginal habitats.’
- ‘Elements within a given regulatory module are expected to be coadapted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.