One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Mutually adapted; mutually accommodating.
- ‘Inbreeding may be beneficial if conditions favor the maintenance of locally adapted or intrinsically coadapted gene complexes.’
- ‘For example, all of the maternal genes whose sequences have coadapted to each other might be expressed and the paternal copies silenced.’
- ‘In the case of coadapted cellular machinery as diverse as the transcriptosome, this parallel evolution may involve sequences with no other obvious connection.’
- ‘Elements within a given regulatory module are expected to be coadapted.’
- ‘As such, they are commonly viewed as adaptive mechanisms that can capture and stabilize blocks of coadapted genes with strong phenotypic effect, hence allowing ecological expansion in marginal habitats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.