One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or process of working or acting together; cooperation.
collaboration, working together, joint action, combined effort, teamwork, mutual support, partnership, coopetition, coordination, liaison, association, synergy, unity, concurrence, concord, accord, understanding, give and take, compromiseView synonyms
- ‘The dataset indicates that the bottom mixed layer itself and in coaction with passing internal waves effectively controls the communication between interior water column and sediment.’
- ‘UV exerts its action through the coaction of UV photoreceptors and photoreceptors in the visible region.’
- ‘I am persuaded a more powerful impulse to polytheism arises from the co-action of two natural principles in the absence of a knowledge of God in Christ.’
- ‘The materialist logic of neorealism supposes that units come first, that their coaction makes a structured system.’
- ‘The truth is, man's original dispositions are spontaneous; they subsist and operate in him freely, without co-action.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.