One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The education of students of both sexes together.
- ‘Founded by Queen Elizabeth I in 1561, Kingston Grammar School is celebrating 25 years of co-education.’
- ‘He neglects as well the rapid spread of secondary co-education in the 1970s and the backlash against it in some quarters in the last decade.’
- ‘Pupils felt co-education also leads to improved social and personal development.’
- ‘My favorite objection has to be that putting students in same-sex classes doesn't prepare them to interact in the real world, implying that co-education automatically does.’
- ‘They called for an end to co-education; restrictions on women were imposed; and they publicly burned videos and music CDs that they considered immoral.’
- ‘The school is now 60/40 split male to female and in September it held a party to celebrate 25 years of co-education.’
- ‘University co-education had finally arrived for the women of China.’
- ‘We feel strongly that the best preparation for the world beyond school and university is through co-education.’
- ‘The new school would ‘combine the social benefits of co-education with the academic benefits of single-sex teaching in the formative adolescent years’.’
- ‘This week marks a new beginning for pupils and teachers alike as a new system of co-education begins in the town's two primary schools.’
- ‘Now, the continuing gap in school test scores and exam results between boys and girls is prompting fresh questions about co-education.’
- ‘The schools believe that separating the sexes for lessons between 11 and 16 allows them to combine the benefits of single-sex education in the adolescent years and the social aspects of co-education.’
- ‘A special report into co-education is planned for release later in the academic year.’
- ‘But other factors, such as co-education rather than separation of the sexes, could also modify learning styles.’
- ‘Like others, Hall also argues that co-education is the best preparation for a ‘co-educational’ world.’
- ‘In a move to reassure parents, classes that have already started exam courses will not be affected by the change to co-education.’
- ‘Educationalists have observed that co-education is a positive influence on the interaction of boys and girls.’
- ‘Granted, the effect must depend on local gender practices and gender ideologies, but it is the global imposition of co-education that raises the question in the first place.’
- ‘Although no panacea can be prescribed, co-education and free mingling of both sexes at the primary level would be of great help.’
- ‘It was the only learning institution offering co-education in the district and if measures to save it from collapsing failed, most children would suffer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.