One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aquatic invertebrate animal of the phylum Cnidaria, which comprises the coelenterates.
- ‘There are three subgroups within the cnidarians that have medusae, cubozoans, hydrozoans, and scyphozoans.’
- ‘The impression that Anthozoa is the basal cnidarian group may depend upon the taxa being discussed.’
- ‘Fossils of the Twitya Formation are generally presumed to be cnidarians, or at least metazoans of cnidarian grade.’
- ‘A consensus is beginning to emerge regarding many key nodes in basal metazoan and cnidarian phylogeny, but many important questions remain.’
- ‘It is therefore largely appreciated that the resemblance between ctenophores and cnidarians is superficial and does not reflect a particularly close evolutionary relationship.’
Relating to or denoting cnidarians.
- ‘Hox genes have been isolated from a number of cnidarian species including hydra.’
- ‘Our study of the new material does not support a cnidarian affinity.’
- ‘A specific panel of seven target sequences was selected to test the binding patterns of cnidarian paired domains.’
- ‘These ideas are supported by other authors for a host of cnidarian groups.’
- ‘Mackie is quick to point out the under appreciation of, and in fact often misinformation concerning, the cnidarian nervous system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.