Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fly that often enters buildings in large numbers during the autumn while looking for a place to overwinter.
- ‘The use of a vacuum cleaner is a quick and effective means of reducing a cluster fly population in the home.’
- ‘An adult cluster fly is 8 mm long and its dark grey non-metallic body is covered with short golden hairs.’
- ‘Of course, spring is a good time to find earthworms, so the cluster fly is active during this season.’
- ‘Bluebottles and cluster flies are disgusting little creatures, feeding off rotting food and excrement.’
- ‘If cluster flies can be denied access to a building, they will not be a nuisance or require control.’
- ‘Face flies and two or three species of cluster flies are often found in large clusters in the same overwintering site.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.