One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The world of nightclubs and of people who frequent them.as modifier ‘the show featured four clubland favorites’
- ‘How do you feel about clubland and the dance music industry at the moment - anything you would change?’
- ‘When he sings Bedsitter, the timeless tale of clubland alienation, generations cheer in empathy.’
- ‘Having moved to London just in time to embrace its vibrant 1980s clubland scene, he now devotes his time to writing comedy sketches and radio plays as well as his artwork.’
- ‘Yet James Bond is no clubland hero: he is too much of a loner and not entirely a gentleman.’
- ‘His clubland background also guarantees a cutting edge soundtrack for the bar.’
- ‘We can now witness the wild world of early '80s London clubland in full-blown audiovisual glory.’
- ‘What happens next is probably not untypical for many clubland acts who have their dreams shattered.’
- ‘As I leave the reading and venture out into clubland, the question haunts me.’
- ‘There are a number of non-disco-oriented things happening in clubland.’
- ‘As its founder explains, ‘The festival's a true representation of what's going on in clubland.’’
- ‘Trained as a doorman to national standards, he is teaching the actors restraining techniques and telling clubland anecdotes to familiarise them with a bouncer's world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.