One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thickly upholstered armchair of the type often found in clubs.
- ‘I ended up sitting down in an old leather club chair and reading for two days straight.’
- ‘Loveseats, club chairs and ottomans, wing chairs, recliners and dining chairs all can benefit from the addition of a fashionable slipcover.’
- ‘The English club chair was a starting point for this furniture which has become an icon of modern design.’
- ‘A padded leather club chair sat in anticipatory judgment beside the dais.’
- ‘He settles into a brown leather club chair and props my tape recorder at his arm.’
- ‘Find a place in a club chair and gaze out the floor-to-ceiling windows that frame the lake and the hills to the north.’
- ‘The elegant wood-paneled billiard room was ruined by the addition of a Space Invaders machine, which squats odiously between leather club chairs.’
- ‘One of the most eye-catching pieces amongst the range of furniture, upholstery, lighting and accessories is his modern day interpretation of a traditional gentleman's club chair.’
- ‘‘It's brand new, and cost a fortune but…’ he trails off, taking a seat on a brown leather club chair across from me.’
- ‘Another ad depicted two great-looking young men on a sofa flanking a ringlet-haired child seated in a kid-sized club chair.’
- ‘Can his desire for a more traditional look be accommodated by the plans for a library where dark oak paneling and heavy club chairs will meet his needs?’
- ‘The mostly vacant lobby is scattered here and there with club chairs covered with cow hair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.