Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large spotted cat that hunts in trees at twilight and is found in forests in Southeast Asia.
- ‘Tigers, clouded leopards, rare bird species, and countless other exotic species enjoyed a relatively unmolested existence.’
- ‘This animal is called a clouded leopard obviously because of the beautiful clouds on his coat there, the beautiful long tail.’
- ‘From this common ancestor all the big cats emerged 6.4 million years ago - lions, jaguars, leopards, tigers, and snow and clouded leopards.’
- ‘He later went to Southeast Asia to study big cats and other endangered large mammals, including clouded leopards.’
- ‘Looking far to the west, the primeval forest is said to be home for hundreds of animals such as black bears, clouded leopards and rhesus monkeys.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.