Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The dropping of crystals into clouds to cause rain.
- ‘The aircraft had been under contract with the Desert Research Institute for cloud seeding experiments.’
- ‘Upon learning of the hardships faced by residents and farmers due to the lack of water resources they set up a cloud seeding project.’
- ‘Some studies have suggested that cloud seeding actually reduces rainfall, or merely redistributes it.’
- ‘He also said the international climatology community had yet to recommend cloud seeding or other weather modification methods to resolve the ongoing drought.’
- ‘‘We all work on cloud seeding to make rain fall and increase the volume of raindrops,’ he says.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.