One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bank of clouds of a particular type forming a layer at a certain altitude.
- ‘The cloud deck was very low with a lot of ground fog that morning and the fog was just starting to break up.’
- ‘So this morning we thought there might be a cloud deck of about 500 feet, and that would have obscured the runway.’
- ‘We stayed below the cloud deck to keep the horizon in view, but with night rapidly approaching, we knew we had to recover soon, or we'd be in big trouble.’
- ‘A low cloud deck blanketed the city, bringing with it the dreary weather that was normal for this time of year.’
- ‘We were somewhere over Oklahoma and the cloud deck was descending with the sky getting noticeably darker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.