One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of using a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than a local server or a personal computer.
- ‘By alleviating security concerns in managing compliance, we believe this technology has the potential to accelerate the widespread adoption of cloud computing.’
- ‘According to Lucas, cloud computing is not only about saving money on servers.’
- ‘Cloud computing may be a great idea in principle.’
- ‘To some, cloud computing once involved people sitting at terminals hooked to a mainframe in the basement.’
- ‘The same, I'm sure, will be true of the infrastructure of cloud computing.’
- ‘I won't be doing any cloud computing anytime soon.’
- ‘An on-demand financial services vendor points to a couple of companies who are betting on cloud computing to cope with the current economic troubles.’
- ‘Here's the grand plan: By working with IBM to promote cloud computing to universities, Google is accomplishing two very important goals.’
- ‘The speed at which cloud computing has permeated Internet activities is astonishing.’
- ‘The concept of cloud computing isn't new to Apple.’
- ‘Casting cloud computing into the old-fashioned client/server paradigm is short sighted.’
- ‘Microsoft is potentially the big loser from cloud computing, which could undermine sales of its Office suite.’
- ‘All of us have had at least one previous experience with cloud computing.’
- ‘For one thing, nobody really knows how secure cloud computing really is.’
- ‘Cost-effective, scalable, green: cloud computing has a lot going for it.’
- ‘Cupertino will soon be moving into cloud computing in a big way.’
- ‘Cloud computing is, of course, a metaphor, whose origins begin with computer diagrams.’
- ‘The idea of cloud computing is a relatively new concept for Microsoft.’
- ‘With any outsourcing model, whether it be cloud computing or something else, you can't.’
- ‘Industry experts have estimated the current market for cloud computing to be worth US $160 billion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.