One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A play to be read rather than acted.
- ‘In Browning's closet drama Pippa Passes, a young girl from the silk mills of Asolo hopes to improve everyone she encounters on her annual holiday.’
- ‘Written in a language which was not yet spoken, they were essentially closet dramas.’
- ‘After the ambitious Radio Days, Allen decided to attempt a closet drama in a style reminiscent of Ibsen.’
- ‘She composed several verse translations and is recognized as author of the closet drama The Tragedie of Mariam, ascribed to ‘E.C. ’, the first known play in English by a woman.’
- ‘Cotter's blank verse four-act play Caleb, the Degenerate is essentially closet drama, mainly of historical interest, as is the case with his other plays.’
closet drama/ˈkläzət ˈdrämə/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.