One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a vehicle's gearbox) having gear ratios that are set at values not very different from each other.
- ‘It's backed by a close-ratio six-speed manual gearbox which has been modified to their design for more direct shifts, better feel and optimum ratios.’
- ‘All three models are equipped with a close-ratio six-speed transmission and the proven T40D winch for improved productivity.’
- ‘The close-ratio 6-speed manual is smooth-shifting and accurate.’
- ‘Mated to a close-ratio six-speed gearbox, the engine now provides 225PS and 280Nm of torque.’
- ‘The car also gets a shift light and buzzer, which are hooked up to the close-ratio six-speed manual transmission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.