One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of hair or grass) cut very short.
- ‘He is a sneering blond man, with close-cropped hair, and a muscular build.’
- ‘Brennan ran his fingers thru his close-cropped hair.’
- ‘A young man with close-cropped hair stuck his head out and said gruffly, ‘Mr. Blowfish will see you now.’’
- ‘At 6 foot 1 with close-cropped hair, Kelli Simpkins has what she calls ‘a masculine presence.’’
- ‘There stood a dark-skinned adolescent with close-cropped hair, whose gender I could detect only because of her ruffly dress.’
- ‘Whiteley, who is about 5ft 9in with close-cropped hair, has a distinctive heart-shaped tattoo of ‘Debs’ on his neck.’
- ‘He has the body of a soldier and the face of a statue, with a strong, tall body, blonde, close-cropped hair and nearly clear blue eyes.’
- ‘They prefer grassy areas where the soil is constantly moist such as lawns, pastures, and meadows in close-cropped grass.’
- ‘He described the man as 20-30 years old, of athletic build, with close-cropped black hair and wearing dark clothing.’
- ‘With his smart clothes, close-cropped blond hair and remarkable self-assurance, Keating is more reminiscent of William Hague.’
- ‘‘Whatever happens in the big city never happens here,’ says Bukvaidze, a well-built man of about 50 with close-cropped hair.’
- ‘She first hit screens at age 21 in 1986 as a bleach-blonde punkette with close-cropped hair and a taste for unruly eye makeup.’
- ‘With his close-cropped silver hair, aquiline nose, and steel-gray eyes, Williamson looks every bit the wizard, in a Clive Barker-movie sort of way.’
- ‘Obviously, a comb had not been near his close-cropped hair in days.’
- ‘One, with close-cropped hair, wore a white T-shirt and a bomber-like jacket.’
- ‘His close-cropped hair is tidier than the thinning, wispy strands he regularly pulls off his face in court.’
- ‘Matthew was 5ft 5ins tall, slim, with close-cropped hair and was wearing blue jeans, a navy sweatshirt and black trainers.’
- ‘His close-cropped hair is gray by genetics, not chartreuse, cerise, or hot pink by designer dye.’
- ‘Deep-voiced, with close-cropped gray hair and a short beard, Dostum looked Nash in the eye as he spoke.’
- ‘A deserted arbor near the sand offered shade and close-cropped grass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.