One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of hair or grass) cut very short.
- ‘His close-cropped hair is gray by genetics, not chartreuse, cerise, or hot pink by designer dye.’
- ‘‘Whatever happens in the big city never happens here,’ says Bukvaidze, a well-built man of about 50 with close-cropped hair.’
- ‘A deserted arbor near the sand offered shade and close-cropped grass.’
- ‘One, with close-cropped hair, wore a white T-shirt and a bomber-like jacket.’
- ‘Matthew was 5ft 5ins tall, slim, with close-cropped hair and was wearing blue jeans, a navy sweatshirt and black trainers.’
- ‘There stood a dark-skinned adolescent with close-cropped hair, whose gender I could detect only because of her ruffly dress.’
- ‘At 6 foot 1 with close-cropped hair, Kelli Simpkins has what she calls ‘a masculine presence.’’
- ‘Deep-voiced, with close-cropped gray hair and a short beard, Dostum looked Nash in the eye as he spoke.’
- ‘They prefer grassy areas where the soil is constantly moist such as lawns, pastures, and meadows in close-cropped grass.’
- ‘With his close-cropped silver hair, aquiline nose, and steel-gray eyes, Williamson looks every bit the wizard, in a Clive Barker-movie sort of way.’
- ‘Brennan ran his fingers thru his close-cropped hair.’
- ‘She first hit screens at age 21 in 1986 as a bleach-blonde punkette with close-cropped hair and a taste for unruly eye makeup.’
- ‘Whiteley, who is about 5ft 9in with close-cropped hair, has a distinctive heart-shaped tattoo of ‘Debs’ on his neck.’
- ‘A young man with close-cropped hair stuck his head out and said gruffly, ‘Mr. Blowfish will see you now.’’
- ‘With his smart clothes, close-cropped blond hair and remarkable self-assurance, Keating is more reminiscent of William Hague.’
- ‘He described the man as 20-30 years old, of athletic build, with close-cropped black hair and wearing dark clothing.’
- ‘Obviously, a comb had not been near his close-cropped hair in days.’
- ‘He has the body of a soldier and the face of a statue, with a strong, tall body, blonde, close-cropped hair and nearly clear blue eyes.’
- ‘He is a sneering blond man, with close-cropped hair, and a muscular build.’
- ‘His close-cropped hair is tidier than the thinning, wispy strands he regularly pulls off his face in court.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.