Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Muscular spasm involving repeated, often rhythmic, contractions.
muscle spasm, muscular spasm, muscle contraction, muscular contraction, pang, twingeView synonyms
- ‘The patient should be tested for deep tendon reflexes and clonus.’
- ‘Medication is indicated when stiffness, spasms, or clonus interferes with function or sleep.’
- ‘Strictly speaking this is classed as clonus rather than tremor.’
- ‘Physical examination revealed left ankle clonus, positive Babinski sign on the left, and left lower extremity weakness.’
- ‘He was getting clonus in his quads which made him more and more unsteady.’
Early 19th century: from Greek klonos turmoil.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.