Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The fact or condition of being genetically identical, as to a parent, sibling, or other biological source.‘the lack of genetic diversity may be a combination of both isolation and clonality’
- ‘Therefore, disturbance (of various types) continues to be a valid explanation for increased clonality in this long-lived woody species.’
- ‘The EBV genome and clonality were detected by Southern blot and PCR assay.’
- ‘Before discussing this topic, it is worth pointing out again that clonality, with or without fission, is a pervasive aspect of cnidarian life cycles.’
- ‘These observations imply that the genetic pathways required for clonality are retained in aclonal species.’
- ‘The fourth case failed to demonstrate clonality by flow cytometry and PCR owing to a lack of viable cells and lack of amplification, respectively.’
- ‘Does clonality precede polyploidy or the other way around?’
- ‘Recent evidence that has led to determination of the cell of origin and the role of clonality in Hodgkin lymphoma is also reviewed.’
- ‘After 2 days, individual round colonies were picked, streaked on fresh nutrient agar plates to assure clonality, and grown for 2 days.’
- ‘However, the clonality of human mtDNA has recently been questioned and keenly debated.’
- ‘Immunoglobulin light-chain clonality was observed in 9 cases.’
- ‘Finally, we must address the fact that Greenbriar, a site that has not yet been infected by disease, exhibits some limited amount of clonality.’
- ‘All gene regions deviated significantly from clonality, suggesting that recombination considerably shaped the sequence data in each gene.’
- ‘Of all sites sampled, the Chimneys had the lowest PD value, indicating the highest proportion of clonality within a population.’
- ‘However, there may be occasional cases of florid FH in which the clonality of the germinal center B cells is indeterminate by FCI.’
- ‘The patient and environmental strains of V. cholerae were further analyzed for clonality by southern hybridization using the rRNA probe.’
- ‘Analysis of EBV genomes is a useful adjunct to immunoglobulin gene analysis in assessing clonality of these processes.’
- ‘While the three proximate hypotheses (competition, stress, and energetics) differ, they are not mutually exclusive and all associate clonality with the high shore.’
- ‘Thus, case 22 did not show clonality by either light-chain analysis or the expression pattern of heavy chains.’
- ‘In 1 of the 12 cases, clonality was not clearly defined.’
- ‘Molecular determination of the immunoglobulin heavy-chain gene status did not reveal clonality.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.