Foolish, awkward, or clumsy.
uncivilized, uncultured, uncultivated, unrefined, unpolished, unsophisticated, common, low, plebeian, philistine, rough, coarse, provincial, rustic, crude, gross, loutish, hooligan, boorish, oafishView synonyms
- ‘In the Indian tradition, their form of dance could be tripping the light fantastic above ours, not clodhopping beneath.’
- ‘Not because they're a bunch of clodhopping yokels - well, not entirely - but because rabbits have the ability to destroy their precious island.’
- ‘A clodhopping version of Chase, the Moroder's theme from Midnight Express, only diminishes the enterprise.’
- ‘It makes something like The Hours, or worse, Far from Heaven, look very clodhopping indeed.’
- ‘But I shook my head steadily from side to side and kept my toes curled tightly so that even if they used force they would never get those clodhopping shoes on me.’