One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was a horrible bit of thuggery, to be sure, but the sheer cloddishness of the crime soon overwhelmed the outrage.’
- ‘Alpha, the resident caveman, is played by Charlie Russo with the lumbering cloddishness popularly associated with prehistoric males.’
- ‘But the transparency and cloddishness of such a sudden lurch insulted a large segment of the population.’
- ‘Parker and Brett serve as a Laurel-and-Hardy-ish ongoing comic relief, grousing about the cloddishness of company policy and co-workers.’
- ‘Sly has traded in his exploding arrows for a chocolate milk mustache, his waxy steroidism for cutesy cloddishness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.