Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The operating speed of a computer or its microprocessor, defined as the rate at which it performs internal operations and expressed in cycles per second (megahertz)
- ‘However the clock speed of the CPU matters much less then the video card at higher settings.’
- ‘Its successor, the Prescott, is slated to offer a clock speed of 4 GHz by end of year, but it runs hot.’
- ‘After all, a clock speed of 2200 MHz should not be any sort of a problem for a 0.13 micron design.’
- ‘The core clock speed and memory interface speeds of the slower cards have yet to be determined, according to the spokesman.’
- ‘The higher the clock speed, the faster the computer will process applications and data.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.