One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A combined radio and alarm clock that can be set so that the radio will come on at the desired time.
- ‘‘Good morning Kurt,’ I finally stated to my clock radio, which was currently playing ‘Lithium’ by Nirvana.’
- ‘Clays had hooked up the stereo, the dancing lights, the clock radio, the lamps - even my hair dryer - to our own personal generator.’
- ‘The clock radio told me it was just after 3 PM and the school kids were starting to fill the sidewalks.’
- ‘He glanced across to the black clock radio and gasped.’
- ‘The clock radio's out of the script, but music's still going in.’
- ‘I was woken at 6am by tinny plastic pop from the clock radio.’
- ‘That's when I woke up and saw the glowing numbers of my clock radio read 3: 56.’
- ‘He glances briefly at the clock radio - and freezes.’
- ‘I think I'll buy both books to read while listening to All Night and set my clock radio to switch off at 9.00 am.’
- ‘Even when his mother finally caught him, Graça couldn't kick the habit, and would covertly sneak his bedside clock radio under his covers.’
- ‘She turned on the alarm clock radio in the bathroom to listen to the Playhouse on Jammin’ 95.5.’
- ‘He figured the clock radio had switched on automatically.’
- ‘Harold awoke some time later - hours or only minutes, he couldn't be sure - his watch still resting on the night stand, the clock radio facing the window.’
- ‘The game clock was slightly larger than your clock radio.’
- ‘Devon looked at her alarm clock radio and saw the numbers 12: 51.’
- ‘When he was in sixth grade, Tripp calculated the energy use of every appliance in the house, from the water boiler to his clock radio.’
- ‘Minutes flip by on the clock radio until daylight pales.’
- ‘He turned his head to the clock radio on his bedside table and did a double take.’
- ‘My wife always complained when my clock radio went off too many times, but the phone going off audibly only once doesn't wake her.’
- ‘I moaned and rolled over to look at my clock radio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.