One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nightclub or bar that charges exorbitant prices.
nightclub, club, boîte, supper clubView synonyms
- ‘Entertainment is ancillary, a bit of corporate spin and gloss to soften the image of the company as a gaming clip joint.’
- ‘Believe it or not pal, tourists do stay away from these clip joints, if and when they are aware of this racist policy.’
- ‘Read her experiences finding a new clip joint & a stylist anyone could love.’
- ‘The film opens with a flashback to explain how long term fixture and resident clown Eddie came to work at the famous clip joint.’
- ‘The bio-medical scientist had been lured into the Soho clip joint.’
- ‘He also enthusiastically encouraged her in her plan to become a nightclub hostess and she duly went to work in a clip joint off Piccadilly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.