Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An earlier name for environmental medicine.See also environmental medicine
- ‘In 1989, The American College of Physicians published a position paper on clinical ecology that recommended the following.’
- ‘To consider the current practice of clinical ecology experimental is misleading, however.’
- ‘The UK and United States aren't the only countries where clinical ecology and alternative allergy tests and treatments are being promoted.’
- ‘The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit excluded from evidence the clinical ecology testimony of the doctor as generally unaccepted.’
- ‘By now the reader will have readily grasped one of the key working principles of clinical ecology which is that of individual biological variation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.