One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small edible freshwater fish which is able to breathe air and move over land, native to Africa and Asia.
Family Anabantidae: three genera and several species, including Anabas testudinens
- ‘Since the meat of the climbing perch is tasty, it is often dug up from its muddy type of hibernation as a food source.’
- ‘Typically climbing perch are gray to green in color, with one dark spot at the caudal base and another just behind the gill plate.’
- ‘He cites the walking catfish, climbing perch, and mudskippers as other examples.’
- ‘The fish is called climbing perch since it can wander across land to find new habitats.’
- ‘Both climbing perch and walking catfish are also likely to compete with native species for both food and space.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.