Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of a flight of an aircraft after takeoff and before it reaches a level altitude.
- ‘On the climb-out, the cockpit was least uncomfortable when I ran the defog lever full forward.’
- ‘The pilot nearly departed the airplane on the top of our climb-out.’
- ‘During the climb-out, the copilot's airspeed dropped to zero, and his altimeter dropped 2,000 feet.’
- ‘We departed Whidbey on runway 25 and began our standard climb-out.’
- ‘Not until I raised the gear on our climb-out did I notice something was not right.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.