Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to climate.‘under certain climatic conditions, desert locusts increase in number’
- ‘Wayne attributes this unexpected birth so far south to climatic changes that are seeing warmer waters.’
- ‘As well as the threat of climatic change, several countries are interested in stepping up the commercial krill fishery.’
- ‘Harsh changes in climatic conditions tend to dehydrate the skin, leaving it dry and quite often scaly.’
- ‘It was a portent of climatic things to come, which culminated in the worst floods in living memory in cities such as Prague and Dresden.’
- ‘It reflects both the nature of the climatic conditions and nature of the community itself.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.