One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A change in global or regional climate patterns, in particular a change apparent from the mid to late 20th century onwards and attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels.
- ‘The results will be a valuable tool to help policy makers plan how to respond to climate change.’
- ‘In any case, climate change is already disrupting the lives of millions of human beings.’
- ‘Continental oceanic margins are often areas of sensitive response to climate change.’
- ‘The increased risk of flooding due to climate change necessitates extra defences to be built.’
- ‘As consumers we can make a huge contribution to reduce climate change by cutting down on energy use at home.’
- ‘There is a series of five meetings taking place around the province on climate change.’
- ‘They outline the severe effects of global warming and the speed of climate change.’
- ‘One of the most visible monuments to climate change is the dead spruce forests in Alaska.’
- ‘What caused the dimming to go down and what effect will it have, if any, on climate change?’
- ‘Ironically, big business is aware that climate change could be a real threat to profit margins.’
- ‘He has outlined three areas where he says technology can address climate change.’
- ‘However, the threats of energy shortages and climate change are as huge as they are uncertain.’
- ‘It is now commonly accepted that the effects of climate change will have severe impacts on all of our lives.’
- ‘We have seen the Rio earth summit and the Kyoto agreement on climate change.’
- ‘It is not hard to find evidence of wholesale climate change in these meteorological extremes.’
- ‘But we no longer have to look to the future for victims of man-made climate change.’
- ‘Elsewhere in your letters was reference to climate change, and part of this is caused by traffic.’
- ‘Now we're all part of a global effort to save the planet from the ravages of climate change.’
- ‘Due to the impact of climate change, minimum temperatures have shot up two degrees in just a hundred years.’
- ‘Thus, through climate change, deforestation is imposing costs on all countries.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.