One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The principle that a business or individual should not disclose confidential information about a client to a third party.‘a spokesman for the bank's lawyers declined to comment, citing client confidentiality’‘a breach of client confidentiality’
- ‘The judge accepted that the reason she did not reveal the encumbrances was because, in the absence of consent, their disclosure would have involved a breach of client confidentiality.’
- ‘Some members argue that responding to the request for information would breach client confidentiality.’
- ‘The company has refused to comment on its work, citing client confidentiality.’
- ‘A firm which practises a strict code of client confidentiality will be put in a difficult position to provide references.’
- ‘The fundamental principle of client confidentiality should have prevented her from making a complaint in the way she did.’
- ‘Assimilating data from the various sources is not easy when the requirement of maintaining client confidentiality is considered.’
- ‘He has declined to comment on the grounds of client confidentiality.’
- ‘He, of course, could not comment because of client confidentiality.’
- ‘They were not trying to protect people who were not paying tax, but they could not break client confidentiality.’
- ‘All the probation areas studied by Emma stated that client confidentiality must be maintained.’
- ‘While he declines to provide the exact data, citing client confidentiality as the reason, he did explain the thought process.’
- ‘Since he was bound by client confidentiality he would not give out any information in his response.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.