One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a computer system in which a central server provides data to a number of networked workstations.
- ‘He is interested in computer architecture and client-server systems.’
- ‘This will make it possible to run three-tiered client-server on all Linux servers, eliminating our aging HP-UX hardware.’
- ‘In a client-server environment, file servers serve files to clients using a network filing protocol such as CIFS or NFS.’
- ‘Computing architectures have moved from mainframe architectures through client-server architectures to Internet architectures.’
- ‘Within three years, fewer than 100 people invented computer networking, client-server computing, graphical user interfaces, and laser printing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.