A series of mouse clicks made while using a website or in linking to multiple websites.
- ‘She points out that there are on-line businesses that track users' clickstreams.’
- ‘Catlett himself called for new legal rights for Americans to repossess the ‘billions of pieces of clickstream data’ which online advertisers have ‘pilfered’ from them.’
- ‘For more on clickstream analysis, see ‘Panning for Internet Gold,’ CEO, December 1999.’
- ‘It doesn't take long to accumulate a terabyte of clickstream when you have a large-scale, actively used Web site.’
- ‘With the mExchange program, consumers can decide, on a case by case basis, to sell their e-mail address, demographic info or clickstream data, and at what price.’
1990s: from click and stream.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.