Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A series of mouse clicks made while using a website or in linking to multiple websites.
- ‘She points out that there are on-line businesses that track users' clickstreams.’
- ‘For more on clickstream analysis, see ‘Panning for Internet Gold,’ CEO, December 1999.’
- ‘Catlett himself called for new legal rights for Americans to repossess the ‘billions of pieces of clickstream data’ which online advertisers have ‘pilfered’ from them.’
- ‘It doesn't take long to accumulate a terabyte of clickstream when you have a large-scale, actively used Web site.’
- ‘With the mExchange program, consumers can decide, on a case by case basis, to sell their e-mail address, demographic info or clickstream data, and at what price.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.