Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of text or images on a computer screen) such that clicking on them with a mouse will produce a reaction.
- ‘Label your internal text links and clickable image alt attributes as clearly and descriptively as possible.’
- ‘The Motorola software has lots of graphics and clickable menus.’
- ‘Most of the images are clickable if you want to verify the numbers.’
- ‘But still it's the same desktop metaphor: a mouse, windows and clickable icons.’
- ‘Most of the button is wasted space, since only the area around the text is clickable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.