One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A control for the aperture of a camera lens that clicks into position at certain standard settings.
- ‘Elevating the ladder portion of the sight allows the slider to be set into one of 17 positive click stops.’
- ‘This one doesn't do that and windage and elevation have strong, positive click stops making adjustment easier.’
- ‘The rear is adjustable for windage in click stops, but elevation is adjusted by a very easy change of the front sight.’
- ‘A roof prism design, it features central focusing, click stop adjustable eyepiece diopter, and nicely contoured push/pull eyecups.’
- ‘The tripod socket rotates with positive click stops so it can be positioned comfortably.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.