Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The percentage of people visiting a web page who access a hypertext link to a particular advertisement.
- ‘As you wrote, dropping the click rate to zero is one approach.’
- ‘This should be interesting as click-through rates on forums are terrible, typically.’
- ‘In the case of my site, the average click-through rate is somewhat higher than the industry standard, but your mileage may vary.’
- ‘Our click-through rates average about 2 + percent, about four to five times higher than the industry average for traditional banner ads.’
- ‘The click rate on the flash sky scraper however is over 6%!’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.