Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The practice of repeatedly clicking on an advertisement hosted on a website with the intention of generating revenue for the host site or draining revenue from the advertiser.‘companies also analyze historical query information to detect and protect against click fraud’
- ‘Advertisers are increasingly worried about 'click fraud', reports today's Financial Times.’
- ‘Click fraud is a built-in cost of advertising online.’
- ‘Abuse of the pay per click model can result in click fraud.’
- ‘With the monetary motive for click fraud removed, it's unlikely to be a problem.’
- ‘Click fraud has become a classic security arms race.’
- ‘There have been arrests relating to click fraud with regard to malicious clicking in order to deplete a competitor's advertising budget.’
- ‘Meanwhile, independent studies assert that anywhere from $100 to $400 of every $1,000 stems from click fraud.’
- ‘Click fraud has been keeping online venues open for years.’
- ‘Click fraud is a growing problem in the search industry.’
- ‘Click fraud can be carried out in several ways.’
- ‘Unfortunately, this revenue-sharing system is often abused with click fraud.’
- ‘Those who can afford keywords can be the victims of click fraud, by which they are charged for meaningless traffic.’
- ‘We are always monitoring and working to prevent click fraud in order to deliver the highest quality of traffic to our advertisers.’
- ‘Of course, the problems with click fraud tend to be more focused on contextual advertising sites, rather than search sites itself.’
- ‘Nevertheless, preventing click fraud is crucial for the search companies to maintain investor confidence.’
- ‘The major search engines all acknowledge that click fraud is a problem.’
- ‘Increasingly, click fraud seems to be underpinned by botnets, according to a report from an online advertising auditing service.’
- ‘Both Business Week and the New York Times have published major articles on click fraud.’
- ‘Still the alliance has been arranged because of legal and government pressures to do something about click fraud.’
- ‘On search sites, the main reason for click fraud is generally to drive up expenses of a competitor, depleting their advertising budget.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.