One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being clever; ingenuity or shrewdness.‘people marveled at his cleverness’‘the cleverness of her strategy’
intelligence, brilliance, genius, intellectshrewdness, astuteness, sharp-wittedness, quick-wittedness, acuteness, acuityView synonyms
- ‘Your compilers seem to have confused cleverness with wisdom.’
- ‘Reinventing and inverting images of Irishness, Jordan associates him with intelligence, cleverness, and wit.’
- ‘The failure of love punctuates much of the intellectual cleverness of Farrell's works.’
- ‘Merlin smiled inwardly at the cleverness and competence of his young student.’
- ‘However, her cleverness and talent for witty banter makes it so she never comes across as being oppressed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.