One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They are laying the pillars of a new, clerically protected democratic order.’
- ‘They doggedly believe that EC should just clerically run the elections which must be ordered by them, for their benefit, at their convenience.’
- ‘I can't do labouring, I'm not clerically minded - so what sort of work can I do?’
- ‘The turn from a clerically centred history of Catholicism to a broader cultural history of the Irish signalled a shift that other Catholic historians have followed.’
- ‘This new government, however, managed to alienate the native population by seizing clerically held lands, closing religious schools, and abolishing shariat courts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.