One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This new government, however, managed to alienate the native population by seizing clerically held lands, closing religious schools, and abolishing shariat courts.’
- ‘I can't do labouring, I'm not clerically minded - so what sort of work can I do?’
- ‘They doggedly believe that EC should just clerically run the elections which must be ordered by them, for their benefit, at their convenience.’
- ‘They are laying the pillars of a new, clerically protected democratic order.’
- ‘The turn from a clerically centred history of Catholicism to a broader cultural history of the Irish signalled a shift that other Catholic historians have followed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.