One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We almost walked by the minute yellow flowers of Utricularia subulata, surprisingly still in bloom, and saw many more plants with cleistogamous flowers.’
- ‘In addition, 62% of the flowers on these plants were cleistogamous indicating a high level of self-pollination.’
- ‘Several insects, birds and mammals have been suggested or proven as likely pollinators, but some species appear to be self-pollinated or even cleistogamous.’
- ‘Nandi suggests that the flowers of L. intermedia Leggett are cleistogamous because of their reduced size.’
- ‘Flowering plants had a mean of 9.5 inflorescences on 70 mostly cleistogamous spikelets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.