Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance that cleanses something, in particular a cosmetic product for cleansing the skin.
bactericide, germicide, antiseptic, sterilizer, sanitizer, cleaning agent, cleansing agent, cleanser, decontaminantView synonyms
- ‘Not only does a dab of toner refresh the skin, it helps to remove any cleanser that hasn't been properly removed.’
- ‘Wash your face with a mild cleanser two or three times a day.’
- ‘A mild cleanser, typically labeled as such, may also be a good choice.’
- ‘In the shower, he should use a water-activated gel cleanser.’
- ‘If your skin is already on the dry side, use a thick, creamy cleanser (avoid using soap, which can be drying).’
- ‘You can also prevent skin from becoming unbalanced in the first place by using gentle cleansers.’
- ‘‘I simply use my own mixtures of essential oils with cleanser,’ she answered.’
- ‘Use a daily soap-free cleanser the other four days.’
- ‘A simple thick mixture of rosewater, whole milk and oatmeal is a natural facial cleanser.’
- ‘A moisturizing cleanser or cleansing bar should leave skin feeling clean, fresh and smooth without dryness.’
- ‘And always remove makeup and grime with a gentle nondrying cleanser before working out and at bedtime.’
- ‘Cleansing routines should be consistently followed twice a day to include a mild soap, a gentle scrub and a deep pore cleanser.’
- ‘But whichever cleanser you choose, it's important to leave the soap on your skin for about two minutes before rinsing in order for it to do its job.’
- ‘Instead, start and end each day by washing your face with a glycerin or vegetable-based cleanser.’
- ‘Remove makeup using a gentle, soap-free cleanser or makeup remover.’
- ‘In a pinch buttermilk, yogurt and even cream are gentle, natural skin cleansers.’
- ‘Avoid shampooing every day (even mild shampoos can increase dryness), and rotate shampoos every week or so to prevent a body- and shine-busting accumulation of any one type of cleanser.’
- ‘Many skin cleansers also contain fragrances designed to mask or reduce unpleasant odors.’
- ‘The six-product line for autumn and winter includes cleanser, toner, cream, emulsion, eye cream and mask.’
- ‘Because it may have a drying effect, daily bathing is not recommended unless a low - pH, moisturizing cleanser is used.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.