Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance that cleanses something, especially a cosmetic product for cleansing the skin.
bactericide, germicide, antiseptic, sterilizer, sanitizer, cleaning agent, cleansing agent, decontaminantView synonyms
- ‘In a pinch buttermilk, yogurt and even cream are gentle, natural skin cleansers.’
- ‘You can also prevent skin from becoming unbalanced in the first place by using gentle cleansers.’
- ‘Avoid shampooing every day (even mild shampoos can increase dryness), and rotate shampoos every week or so to prevent a body- and shine-busting accumulation of any one type of cleanser.’
- ‘Wash your face with a mild cleanser two or three times a day.’
- ‘Because it may have a drying effect, daily bathing is not recommended unless a low - pH, moisturizing cleanser is used.’
- ‘‘I simply use my own mixtures of essential oils with cleanser,’ she answered.’
- ‘The six-product line for autumn and winter includes cleanser, toner, cream, emulsion, eye cream and mask.’
- ‘In the shower, he should use a water-activated gel cleanser.’
- ‘If your skin is already on the dry side, use a thick, creamy cleanser (avoid using soap, which can be drying).’
- ‘Remove makeup using a gentle, soap-free cleanser or makeup remover.’
- ‘And always remove makeup and grime with a gentle nondrying cleanser before working out and at bedtime.’
- ‘Use a daily soap-free cleanser the other four days.’
- ‘A mild cleanser, typically labeled as such, may also be a good choice.’
- ‘But whichever cleanser you choose, it's important to leave the soap on your skin for about two minutes before rinsing in order for it to do its job.’
- ‘Instead, start and end each day by washing your face with a glycerin or vegetable-based cleanser.’
- ‘A simple thick mixture of rosewater, whole milk and oatmeal is a natural facial cleanser.’
- ‘Cleansing routines should be consistently followed twice a day to include a mild soap, a gentle scrub and a deep pore cleanser.’
- ‘Many skin cleansers also contain fragrances designed to mask or reduce unpleasant odors.’
- ‘Not only does a dab of toner refresh the skin, it helps to remove any cleanser that hasn't been properly removed.’
- ‘A moisturizing cleanser or cleansing bar should leave skin feeling clean, fresh and smooth without dryness.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.