One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A frog with a flattened body and claws on the hind toes.See also Xenopus
- ‘These tumors were transmitted to unaffected clawed toads by injection of cell-free extract from the tumors, suggesting a viral etiology.’
- ‘African clawed toads have miraculous regenerative properties in their skin.’
- ‘African clawed toads catch their prey by waiting on the bottom of the waterway for something to swim near them.’
- ‘The antidote to this killer may lie with the clawed toad and a global vaccination programme is one possible long-term prospect.’
- ‘Now we focus on the molecular mechanisms involved in the formation of the forebrain pattern using African clawed toads and chicks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.