One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Schoolwork that is done in class.
- ‘In Marks' study of 49 urban high school students, those who perceived classwork to be authentic and their teachers to be supportive showed enhanced engagement in school.’
- ‘Extra points can be gained for outstanding pieces of classwork.’
- ‘The scheme was launched in September and involves pupils being rewarded for good classwork, behaviour and citizenship.’
- ‘I didn't have any friends, I wouldn't participate in class, my classwork was terrible, and lots of other things.’
- ‘Under no circumstances is it acceptable for you to communicate with your teacher in any way except about classwork.’
- ‘Extracurricular activities, such as Drama Club and the School Play can benefit classwork and enable students to enhance their skills.’
- ‘To many educators, the remedy for poor classroom performance is an enormous amount of ditto homework sheets that mimic classwork.’
- ‘Because the textbooks often were too hard, the students had difficulty completing their classwork.’
- ‘A unique basketball project linking primary school classwork has been declared a success following a pilot scheme funded by £ 30,000 of Lottery money.’
- ‘The fancy items last about a week or a month at school before the routine of classwork and homework takes over.’
- ‘Very practically, homework allows more ground to be covered and enables classwork to concentrate on activities that require the presence of the teacher.’
- ‘Recruited by more than 30 colleges, Robertson sought a school that would allow him to alternate his business-administration classwork with on-the-job training.’
- ‘All pieces of written work should have a date, whether the piece is classwork or prep and the title neatly underlined with a ruler.’
- ‘Where homework is well used, teachers ensure that it is integrated with, reinforces and capitalises on classwork.’
- ‘However, homework is often insufficiently linked to classwork and is set inconsistently across classes.’
- ‘The answer probably lies in the ratio of coursework to observed classwork, with the resultant examinations.’
- ‘The most basic way of integrating Internet usage into classwork or homework is to ask students to find information.’
- ‘Some eight students appeared to be doing classwork or homework without observed teacher supervision, assistance or involvement.’
- ‘With a mix of students in the college, upper-year students could help lower-year students with classwork or other aspects of student life.’
- ‘Now, the buddies are sitting on the students desks, where they provide inspiration for classwork, but they will eventually make their way home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.