Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lawsuit filed or defended by an individual or small group acting on behalf of a large group.
- ‘But after the drug was withdrawn, 9,000 lawsuits were filed, many of them as class actions, seeking recovery for millions of individual users and their insurers.’
- ‘The class action lawsuit has certainly brought substantial means to the tort bar.’
- ‘The decision Friday was the result of a class action lawsuit on behalf of half a million sick Florida smokers.’
- ‘In line with American practice, the relatives of those who died may also decide to file massive class action law suits.’
- ‘This takes no account of any liabilities that may be triggered by law suits and class actions against the company and its directors.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.