Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lawsuit filed or defended by an individual or small group acting on behalf of a large group.
- ‘In line with American practice, the relatives of those who died may also decide to file massive class action law suits.’
- ‘This takes no account of any liabilities that may be triggered by law suits and class actions against the company and its directors.’
- ‘The decision Friday was the result of a class action lawsuit on behalf of half a million sick Florida smokers.’
- ‘The class action lawsuit has certainly brought substantial means to the tort bar.’
- ‘But after the drug was withdrawn, 9,000 lawsuits were filed, many of them as class actions, seeking recovery for millions of individual users and their insurers.’
class action/klas ˈakSHən/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.