One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (something) nonmilitary in character or function.
- ‘Even though it flew with a civilian registration, it was never fully civilianized and thus has a lot of its original equipment still installed.’
- ‘I also always become concerned when someone wants to civilianize support or combat support units.’
- ‘The disciplined services have carried out their own studies to identify which jobs need to be done by trained officers and which could be ‘civilianised’.’
- ‘Many current combat service support functions can be civilianized or contracted.’
- ‘What we need to begin doing is civilianizing many of the functions that are currently being undertaken by personnel in military uniform.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.