One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (something) nonmilitary in character or function.‘the president plans to civilianize the country by reducing the army's strength’
- ‘The disciplined services have carried out their own studies to identify which jobs need to be done by trained officers and which could be ‘civilianised’.’
- ‘What we need to begin doing is civilianizing many of the functions that are currently being undertaken by personnel in military uniform.’
- ‘I also always become concerned when someone wants to civilianize support or combat support units.’
- ‘Even though it flew with a civilian registration, it was never fully civilianized and thus has a lot of its original equipment still installed.’
- ‘Many current combat service support functions can be civilianized or contracted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.