One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An engineer who designs and maintains roads, bridges, dams, and similar structures.
- ‘Parametric design software has to date primarily been developed for mechanical engineers, civil engineers, and industrial designers.’
- ‘The company offers an integrated series of programs for surveyors, contractors and civil engineers engaged in site, subdivision, river and road engineering projects.’
- ‘He is among five architects and civil engineers helping with the master plan.’
- ‘Project managers, civil engineers, quantity surveyors, mechanical engineers, railway engineers, electrical and electronic engineers and structural designers are all currently in demand.’
- ‘The civil engineering field has remained relatively stable, and most civil engineers are enjoying considerable demand and concurrently stable salaries.’
- ‘It's a shame actually, because we have a number of highly skilled professional members such as civil engineers and architects.’
- ‘They are surveyors, builders, designers, architects, and civil engineers.’
- ‘It concentrates on supplying dedicated software systems to resellers as well as to architects, engineers, construction companies, mechanical engineers, civil engineers and industrial design companies.’
- ‘Added to this, our construction division has been busy, with demand for design, structural and civil engineers.’
- ‘In the same vein, maybe instead of employing civil engineers to design our bridges, we should just let the public pick a design via auction.’
- ‘Extending the life of structures is the goal of civil engineers.’
- ‘Imagine if civil engineers built bridges with the same careless attention to fundamental engineering practices as many software developers.’
- ‘By 1950, civil engineers had constructed some 5,000 dams higher than fifty feet on rivers around the world.’
- ‘It will help synthesize and spread the knowledge among civil engineers, architects, developers, and other people linked to the housing construction industry.’
- ‘They are engineers, architects, and civil engineers, mostly scientists.’
- ‘Each strategy represents an opportunity for civil engineers - in collaboration with other engineers and scientists - to develop innovative solutions.’
- ‘Those jobs, most managed by the base civil engineer, were completed by 1999.’
- ‘The first notable effort for renovation was made in 1999 when the civic body set up a technical committee comprising architects, academicians and civil engineers.’
- ‘The idea is to keep the wolves at bay, so the radar unit is sending teams of engineers, radar maintainers and civil engineers across America to make adjustments.’
- ‘Architects and civil engineers spend years at university learning these kinds of advanced skills.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.