One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An engineer who designs and maintains roads, bridges, dams, and similar structures.
- ‘In the same vein, maybe instead of employing civil engineers to design our bridges, we should just let the public pick a design via auction.’
- ‘Added to this, our construction division has been busy, with demand for design, structural and civil engineers.’
- ‘Each strategy represents an opportunity for civil engineers - in collaboration with other engineers and scientists - to develop innovative solutions.’
- ‘It concentrates on supplying dedicated software systems to resellers as well as to architects, engineers, construction companies, mechanical engineers, civil engineers and industrial design companies.’
- ‘Parametric design software has to date primarily been developed for mechanical engineers, civil engineers, and industrial designers.’
- ‘Architects and civil engineers spend years at university learning these kinds of advanced skills.’
- ‘Those jobs, most managed by the base civil engineer, were completed by 1999.’
- ‘The first notable effort for renovation was made in 1999 when the civic body set up a technical committee comprising architects, academicians and civil engineers.’
- ‘They are surveyors, builders, designers, architects, and civil engineers.’
- ‘The civil engineering field has remained relatively stable, and most civil engineers are enjoying considerable demand and concurrently stable salaries.’
- ‘The idea is to keep the wolves at bay, so the radar unit is sending teams of engineers, radar maintainers and civil engineers across America to make adjustments.’
- ‘It's a shame actually, because we have a number of highly skilled professional members such as civil engineers and architects.’
- ‘By 1950, civil engineers had constructed some 5,000 dams higher than fifty feet on rivers around the world.’
- ‘Imagine if civil engineers built bridges with the same careless attention to fundamental engineering practices as many software developers.’
- ‘It will help synthesize and spread the knowledge among civil engineers, architects, developers, and other people linked to the housing construction industry.’
- ‘He is among five architects and civil engineers helping with the master plan.’
- ‘Project managers, civil engineers, quantity surveyors, mechanical engineers, railway engineers, electrical and electronic engineers and structural designers are all currently in demand.’
- ‘Extending the life of structures is the goal of civil engineers.’
- ‘They are engineers, architects, and civil engineers, mostly scientists.’
- ‘The company offers an integrated series of programs for surveyors, contractors and civil engineers engaged in site, subdivision, river and road engineering projects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.