One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Teachers may ask themselves, for instance, how the district's social studies curriculum contributes to the development of civically minded and informed students.’
- ‘If not civically engaged, what is one's status in a democratic society?’
- ‘Extracurricular activities have long been known to contribute to students' tendencies to become and remain civically engaged, even after decades have passed.’
- ‘This ignorance and lack of involvement civically is a problem for a functioning democracy, which requires participation of the governed.’
- ‘The remarkable thing about the youth I interviewed is that their attitudes are not those of disengaged, civically ignorant slackers, as most adults are eager to describe their generation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.