One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjective
- ‘Fertility rates will continue to decline in most cities, as will the pace of cityward migration.’
- ‘In contrast to the views from the Nature Trail which face south and cityward, these are mostly east over wilderness.’
- ‘Still she kept her face cityward and avoided eye contact with the gatekeepers.’
- ‘The cityward migration of rural American youth not only continued, it is still a fundamental dilemma facing rural communities.’
- ‘Despite these overwhelming urban trends, less than 10 percent of all international assistance funding goes to cities, while over 90 percent is still targeted at rural areas, in the misguided belief that investment in rural development will somehow stem the tide of cityward migration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.