Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The cultivation of citrus fruit trees.
- ‘We will try our best to turn the 11th International Citrus Congress into the most successful one and make our contribution to the success of world citriculture.’
- ‘Until recently, expansion of citriculture was accomplished by the propagation and distribution of material originally introduced via nurseries.’
- ‘The motivation was the severe frost that in 1962 destroyed a large part of citriculture in the United States.’
- ‘He became known as a world authority on citrus, and was well versed in many other areas of citriculture.’
- ‘This Department, includes five research teams, focusing on current problems of the citriculture and fruticulture in the Autonomy of Valencia.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.