One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of citric acid.
- ‘In either case, organic acids like citrate and malate are synthesized to enable the plant to survive under phosphorus deficiency.’
- ‘Some cheletes are fumarates, gluconates, asparatates, citrates and amino acids.’
- ‘Calcium citrate may be better absorbed than the other calcium salts.’
- ‘The metabolites considered are pyruvate, malate and citrate.’
- ‘If you decide to take calcium supplements, look for lactates, citrates, and amino acid chelates, preferably in capsule form rather than hard tablets because they're more easily broken down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.