Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of citric acid.
- ‘The metabolites considered are pyruvate, malate and citrate.’
- ‘Calcium citrate may be better absorbed than the other calcium salts.’
- ‘If you decide to take calcium supplements, look for lactates, citrates, and amino acid chelates, preferably in capsule form rather than hard tablets because they're more easily broken down.’
- ‘In either case, organic acids like citrate and malate are synthesized to enable the plant to survive under phosphorus deficiency.’
- ‘Some cheletes are fumarates, gluconates, asparatates, citrates and amino acids.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.