One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of citric acid.
- ‘The metabolites considered are pyruvate, malate and citrate.’
- ‘Some cheletes are fumarates, gluconates, asparatates, citrates and amino acids.’
- ‘In either case, organic acids like citrate and malate are synthesized to enable the plant to survive under phosphorus deficiency.’
- ‘If you decide to take calcium supplements, look for lactates, citrates, and amino acid chelates, preferably in capsule form rather than hard tablets because they're more easily broken down.’
- ‘Calcium citrate may be better absorbed than the other calcium salts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.