One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The collection and analysis of data relating to the natural world by members of the general public, typically as part of a collaborative project with professional scientists.‘the director of education sees a need for citizen science in astronomy’as modifier ‘citizen science projects’
- ‘This shift towards citizen science goes much further than the current double-science integrated course in distancing itself from traditional physics, chemistry and biology teaching.’
- ‘Finally, we have learned that these high-profile birds of conservation concern can be surveyed by the "citizen science" model pioneered in the Cerulean Warbler Atlas Project.’
- ‘Alternatively, civic science has also been identified with "citizen science," where citizens act as researchers.’
- ‘The Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology is a nonprofit membership institution with the mission to interpret and conserve the Earth's biological diversity though research, education, and citizen science focused on birds.’
- ‘They were on a mission to tally salamanders as participants in one of a series of "citizen science" outings organized by the Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration's Amphibian Monitoring Project.’
- ‘Citizen science really is what the Christmas Bird Count is about.’
- ‘The Birdhouse Network maintains data on more than 30 species of cavity nesters, displays pictures from nest-box cameras, and sponsors "citizen science" research.’
- ‘The National Park Service also runs long-term citizen science programs in many areas, tapping into the goodwill and expertise of many outdoor enthusiasts.’
- ‘Across the country, wildlife researchers are discovering the benefits of an emerging "citizen science" movement.’
- ‘"This is the first time anybody has tried to do this citizen science work in real time," Tarter said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.