One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In recent years with the proceeding of citifying, the agricultural economy was atrophying gradually.’
- ‘He brings him out, paints him with a coat of swank and citifies him enough to make him a star in the gambling world.’
- ‘The group's name speaks for itself, citifying and making this traditional and folk inspired music known to a greater public that is more familiar with the current, modern dance and techno sound.’
- ‘It is not stamping-out rural life and citifying everyone either.’
- ‘Improved access enhanced the appeal of the Upper West Side, and as the nineteenth century came to a close apartment buildings proliferated, citifying the once rural West End.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.